Thursday, April 15, 2010

More Pinkalicious

Here's an updated photo of the Pinkalicious painting. I have finally filled Pinkalicious in herself. I also did a special texture on both her wings and parts of her the book she kind of has lacy wings and lacy tiers on her skirt so I decided to cut up some doilies to get the same kind of effect.

You can't really see it in the photo (at least on the wings) but it turned out really cool and definitely looks more like the book than plain paint would have. Will have to see if I can get some good close ups when it is done.

I still have quite a ways to go since I have to cut all the flowers out of fabric and mod podge them on. Still have major touch up work around Pinkalicious and in the grass & stems but some of that will be the last thing I do.

Best part of this process, is that I work on it an hour here and there and each time I do something, Ava comes in and notices and tells me how much she loves the new part. I actually caught her hugging and kissing the painting the other morning as I was getting ready. So glad she likes it!

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Pinkalicious in Progress

Here is what I am currently working on...finishing up Ava's big girl bedroom. It has been too long of a project (maybe because I have procrastinated and also because of all the stuff we have had going on ranging from parties to being sick).

Anyways, you may recall, I was refinishing (with the help of my father-in-law & hubby) some vintage bedroom furniture for her new room. My AMAZING father-in-law, Rudy surprised us by finishing the project himself! I was a bit relieved b/c I did not know when we were going to be able to finish it and it looks AWESOME! I promise to post photos soon, I just need to finish repainting the hardware first so you can get the complete look.

At any rate, getting back to this post. Ava loves the book Pinkalicious (if you have a girl in preschool you know what I am talking about). So I decided to paint a picture from the book for a big empty wall in her room.

Here is the scene from the book:

And here is the painting in progress. This thing measures 4' x 4'. I made some adjustments to the picture...I decided the sky should be a Tiffany/Robin's egg blue. I want this to be bright and colorful. Next step is to paint Pinkalicious herself and then the final step is to make all the flowers out of fabric and mod podge them on. Think it will look really cool and will be a good way to use fabric scraps I have lying around. Plus I have so many cute, pink or girly fabrics I can't wait to incorporate in this painting.
I'll post more pictures as I get further along.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...