Monday, December 6, 2010

Latest Projects

I know I have not posted anything in awhile...guess that is what happens when you are pregnant and too lazy to upload the photos.  I have been working on a few projects and now that it is December, I am knee deep in Christmas projects (which will be posted in January since they are gifts!).  But here is what I did in October & November.

Here is Ava's Strawberry Shortcake outfit I made for Halloween (no, I wish I made the hat, but bought it off Etsy).  I previously posted the 1st version (top photo) of the dress but after she wore it out the day before Halloween to a Trick or Treat event, I decided it was too hard to get off and on and it was a bit short.  So Halloween morning, I did some minor alterations (ripped out lining, lengthened dress, changed full bubble skirt to modified bubble by making a casing to put elastic through) and it ended up looking like the 2nd photo.  Still cute and SO much easier to get on and off!
 Then I had a friend request some baby onesies and burp cloths (not pictured since they were the standard giraffe and dove I have done before) but she also wanted me to do a tote bag. I could not find the exact canvas bag that my mom made for a friend this past summer so instead I found a very plain one and decided to cover the entire thing in matching fabric.  Not a great photo but here's what it ended up looking like.
Finally, my best bud is having her first baby (a girl) sometime around Dec 28th and wanted some painted letters to hang in her little one's room.  She wanted to buy some and I told her she could easily make them. She told me "Maybe you could make them but I couldn't." So guess what? I did.  Merry Christmas/Welcome home baby!  I think she plans on hanging them with ribbon in the nursery so I can't wait to see what they look like in the room but here are 2 photos of the letters.
Close up:
 
In natural light:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...